Beauty Shop Day

It's is beauty shop day for Maggie and Ozzie. That means brushing, nail clipping and sometimes a bath. They don't get excited about it all, in fact they are pretty ticked with me long before I finish.

Spring is a great time of year except for little furry animals that stay in the house. I have always fought the spring time shedding (actually I fight shedding all year), but I found a new helper this year. It's called the FURminator, which is a deshedding tool. My vet told me about it and demonstrated on my cat. I could not believe how much hair it took out in just a few strokes. I really didn't want to pay $30 for it, but I had to do something. So, I bought it and I have never been sorry. You can buy them at pet stores, vets and websites like Amazon.com. There are different sizes depending on how large a pet you have.

Maggie, in the photo above, is a real pain. She just doesn't understand that girls are suppose to like getting dolled up. :) Ozzie on the other hand would let you brush him all day. I managed to get a few photos this morning.





Ozzie is one of the few cats I've seen that likes his tummy petted and brushed, but you have to watch out for a ticklish spot.





This is from one swipe down Ozzie's back. I'm always amazed how much hair it pulls out. I know this sounds like an infomercial, but it really is a great tool. It's totally worth the money.






3 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing!

But I'd hate to see what would happen if I got that thing after Miss Lippy! :)

Megan said...

Ah-hem....

Anonymous said...

I love mine too, it's great! Now if I could just get Lexi to sit still long enough...