This Week in Texas

This week was a busy, but good week here in East Texas. These are a few briefs of what's been going on.

1. Last weekend was yard work weekend. Danny mowed and did some of the weedeating. I trimmed the wisteria bush and surrounding small bushes. It was super hot so we only work in the cool morning hours. We went to a movie (The Strangers) one afternoon and walked out less than haft way through it. I'm not much on scary movies anyway, and this one was especially BORING.

2. We went shopping at Academy, Danny's favorite store. We both needed new walking shoes. We keep telling ourselves we are going to start walking soon. It's been three weeks since my surgery, and I'm about back to normal. My strength has been slow in returning, and of course Danny reminded me I'm not getting any younger. (Men are so helpful.) But, I'm much improved and I think I can start walking soon, at least in small spurts.
Academy also had some really cute short for 9.99 - 12.99 and shirts for 4.99. I got a couple new outfits, and I might go back for one more. That price was in my budget. My friends tell me I'm cheap, but I don't care. They spend $300 on purses that I've never heard of. I'll stick to my lifestyle and save my money for trips.

3. Last week was my last week at work/school for the summer. I finished up paperwork, processed some new books and bought and hooking up 10 or 15 new DVD players. It was nice because there were no kids or teacher. It's funny how peaceful school is without those two factors. :) Now, if I could just figure out how to get rid of that principal. Ha!!

4. I went to lunch with a couple of friends at a really beautiful place. Believe it or not it was between Gilmer and Pittsburg out in the middle of nowhere at a winery call Los Pinos Ranch Vineyard. It didn't even seem like Texas. It was more like something you'd see in a picture of California wine country. We sampled four of the wines, took a tour of how they made the wine, and had lunch. It was relaxing and a lot of fun. I'd like to take Danny out there and my kids when they come. They make sangria, one of my favorites, and I want to try that next time.

5. I am packing this weekend and tying up loose ends. It's off to Virginia next week to see two of my kids and precious granddaughter. I can't wait!!

The pictures below are of what I call my "Kitty TV". There's a bird feeder hanging on our front porch and my kitties, Maggie and Ozzie, love to sit there and watch the birds. We have several doves that will come right up to the window and the cats go crazy. There are also some beautiful red birds that come in to eat. I enjoy watching them too. My cats never go outside, so I figure they need a little entertainment.












3 comments:

GG said...

Be sure and kiss my "toes", OK?

Megan said...

We can't wait to see you!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun in VA!! See you all soon!