Virginia Vacation

Danny and I had a wonderful vacation last week in Virginia. We visited our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. They welcomed us into their lovely home and took us on all kinds of excursions. These are a few pictures I took while there.



There is a great park behind their house, and we had a lot of fun playing with Eleanor there. Every minute with her was so much fun. She is very entertaining.



This was Danny's first trip to VA. He had a lot of fun playing the grandpa role.




This picture was taken at a birthday party for one of Eleanor's playmates. They make such a handsome family.



One day we took the Metro (transit system) into Washington D. C. and did the tourist thing. We toured the WWII memorial and the Smithsonian of Natural Science. We also saw the Capital, White House and several of the monuments.




This is the second time I've seen the capital and I'm always awed by it.

I'm already planning my next trip to see my kids and granddaughter. I really miss them and look forward to the next great Virginia adventure, but most of all I look forward to seeing little Miss Eleanor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome. I can't wait until Shane and I can get up there to see them and the sights. How fun!

GG said...

Next time you go to Virginia, I GET TO GO !!!!

Megan said...

We really enjoyed having you, Mimi!!