Spring Break Trip


I had such a good Spring Break this year. I was fortunate enough to get to fly to Virginia to see my oldest son, his wife and young daughter (Jared, Megan, and Eleanor). We had a great time despite windy and pretty cool weather. Spring had barely begun to show it's face there with a few daffodils blooming and many buds appearing on other flowers and trees. It is some of the prettiest country I've ever been to. I especially love the old rock houses and the rolling hills.


It was so much fun to see Eleanor and what all she is up to now at eighteen months. I enjoyed every minute with her. She is so entertaining: reading, singing, dancing, and playing. There is never a dull moment when she awake. We took her to a children's museum, the library, an Easter Egg hunt and to their neighborhood park. We had some other outside things planned, but the weather didn't cooperate. I didn't care, I just wanted to spend time with her.


I also really enjoyed spending time with Jared and Megan. We went Geocaching one morning and found two caches. They introduced me to the sport one year ago, and I have really enjoyed it. This trip we went to one of their beautiful scenic parks which had good walking paths. They put Eleanor in a backpack and off we went. Jared taught me more about the GPS as we hunted. When we were finished I accompanied them on their weekly trip to Cosco. :) Megan even treated me to a nightly frozen margarita. Yum......


It was so hard to leave, but Danny and I are both going back in June so that helped a lot. This will be Danny's first trip there and he is really looking forward to it. Here are a few pictures I took while I was there. I found out it is really tough to get pictures of an active toddler, and I told Megan I now appreciate her photography even more.

My thanks to my kids for having me.....I love you!!




3 comments:

GG said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Wish I could have gone with you! Hope you can come see us sometime. We love you!

Megan said...

We love you too!

And, by the way, my husband and daughter look super-cute in that picture, and I look like a total dork!!

We can't wait to see you guys in June!

Vicki said...

You do not look like a dork Ms. Megan. :)