Spring Has Sprung!




I just love early spring time. The birds are singing and making nests, and the flowers are beginning to open and show all their colors. We usually start working outside cleaning up the yard and doing some little (or big) projects around the house.

Danny decided we needed to put siding on our shed, and a metal roof on the shed and house this year. He got estimates and found the one he thought was the best. There was a big difference in estimates. So, I'm sure glad we got several. The project is about half finished and is looking pretty good. The shed looks great. It has been in need of attention for quite some time. The guys working on it are not in any big hurry to finish, so I hope Danny's "good deal" doesn't come back and bite us. But, you take that chance with anyone you hire these days. It is looking nice and I'm glad we decided to get it done. We are hoping to sell the house in 6 - 8 years when I retire, so this will hopefull help the value.


Here are some pictures I took this morning.



The shed has most of the siding on it and two new doors. The roof hasn't been started yet.




You can see the house has half a new roof. The stripes are the wooden slats they nail the metal to. This roof is suppose to save us about 30% on our house insurance. :)



Daffodils in my yard and my neighbors next door. They have been up for a week or two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention!

Megan said...

Yay for Spring! I just spied our daffodils coming up this morning!

I can't wait to see the new roof...the shed is lookin' good!

GG said...

Your house and shed are looking so nice. And the flowers are just like you - AWESOME!!!! We will come see it before we leave!