Caldwell Zoo

The Caldwell Zoo in Tyler, TX is a great place to take the family. Megan, Eleanor, Casey, Shane and I went in July while they were all here for a visit. We went early and left by lunchtime. It was not too hot because of all the shade along the paths. This is a small zoo but an excellent one. I'm so glad we live close to it.


Casey, Megan and Eleanor enjoying the shade in front of one of the animal cages.


Eleanor did very good at riding in her stroller and she loved all the animals.


They have large natural habitats for most of the animals.


This is my favorite animal at the zoo, the meerkat. He is to the left of the large dirt mount. Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet is a great show, although it makes me cry sometimes, it's one of my favorite shows.


Eleanor enjoyed the petting zoo. It was so nice to have goats that didn't try to knock you down for food. They were so sweet and just lay there and let all the kids pet them.


Shane and Casey in front of one of the pretty shady areas. It's hard to believe they've been married one year already.


Eleanor and Aunt Casey check out the lions. I think the lions may be Eleanor's favorite.


The zoo has lots of different birds. I especially like the two bald eagles they have.

No comments: