Missouri Fun

My last trip of the summer was to Missouri to see my mom and dad. They moved to the Springfield area last March and this is the first time I've gotten to visit. I also got to see my brother and his family who live there too. It was so nice to visit with them all. We had a great time.
Missouri is one of the most beautiful states to me, of course I grew up in that state, so I might be a little prejudice. I just love the rolling hills and all the trees. Mom and Dad seem to be very happy, and I can see why. They have a lovely home and are really enjoying the area.



This is a picture of their new home. It's on a beautiful shady lot with lots of trees and a nice view.



They have a patio in the back of their house, which is a nice place to sit and enjoy the scenery. Dad has several critters he feeds back there. This is a picture of a couple of ground hogs that live under the patio.


This is Dad and his "new" truck. It's really sharp and he is super proud of it.


On Saturday we went to Silver Dollar City. It was super hot, but we still had a great time. There is so much to do there: shows, rides, water park, historical demonstrations, crafts, shops, etc. I highly recommend it to everyone.... except people with very small kids and babies. I saw some poor little ones that looked pretty miserable along with their parents.


Dad, Mom and me in jail. :)


This was a swinging bridge over a little stream. There was some beautiful scenery around the park.


One of the shows we went to see was an ice circus. It was a very good show and a great place to cool off.




We enjoyed watching this group of girls dancing. They performed several dances like clogging and River Dance. They sure did look hot, but were always smiling, and looked like they were having so much fun.

3 comments:

Megan said...

There house is really nice. The yard looks great!

How cute are those little groundhogs? I didn't realize you could get them to come so close.

GG said...

We loved having you! Let's do it again REAL soon!!

Anonymous said...

Um, so this west Texas girl has never seen a groundhog. How cute! Looks like you had a great time!