A Reminder to Me

I remodeled my bathrooms last fall, but have never gotten around to finishing the decorating of my master bath. I have several nice beach pictures I took while on our diving vacations, and I thought a couple of those would look nice with my beach theme. So... this weekend I began looking through pictures from Cozumel, Roatan and Saba.

I came across the following two pictures of Danny and I and boy was it an eyeopener. I knew I had gotten heavy, but I was so shocked I decided I would post these pictures as a reminder to myself.




This picture was taken in Roatan July 2005 . I weighted around 180, my heaviest weight ever, including pregnancy. (Yikes!!)
In October of 2005 in knew I had to do something, or I would be over that 200 mark before long. So... I joined Weight Watchers Online. Both of my daughter-in-laws told me about the success they had had with Weight Watchers, so I decided to give it a try. It's really not a diet, it's a complete change in eating habits. This means you don't every stop the new eating habits. They have to become a part of your life.





This picture is from July 2006 in Cozumel, one year later, about 140 lbs. (Yahoo!!)
I was so shocked at how much difference that 40 pounds made. When I saw both of these pictures I knew I had to post them as a reminder to myself to never let myself go again.

I know now the hardest part of weight loss is keeping it off. The weight just sneaks up on you, especially as you get older. I want to lead an active healthy life to a nice ripe old age. That can only be done at a healthy weight. It's now two years after this photo, and I have gained back 10 to 15 pounds. Which I know isn't too bad, but I have to constantly remind myself to watch my portions and calories. This will be a life long struggle for me, but I am determined. Danny is sure happy with the new me, and he is very sweet to remind me quite often. He even has a picture of the new me in my bikini on his dresser. :)

5 comments:

GG said...

I could have sworn he liked his "women" with a little meat on their bones!! But now guess he knows what beauty really is! I'm so proud of you and if being thinner makes your feel better, that's all that counts. I think you're beautiful any way!! 'Course, I could be a little prejudice!

Megan said...

I think you're gorgeous either way!

And, by the way, you might have weighed a little more, but everyone takes a not-so-flattering picture every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Very cool and inspirational. Way to go Miss Vicki!

Megan said...

MIMIIIII, AH YOU?!

Vicki said...

Mimi is here!! Thanks for reminding me I still have people out there that are reading my blog. I know I need to do better, and I will try.