Update

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged, but I've been really, really busy. I promise (again) to try to do better. Here's what's been going on.

1. August - This was back to work (school) month for me and is always super crazy. I went back to work the second week of August to get the library up and going before teachers and students came back. We have a new principal, the sixth year in a row, and it's always extra stressful when you don't know what your boss is going to be like. A bad one can literally make your life a living H... I know from experience. But, we just completed our first six weeks and everything is going ok. My assistant principal is giving me some headaches, but that's another story. Overall, it's been a pretty good beginning.

2. September - This was a wonderful month, as it saw the arrival of my daughter-in-law and granddaughter, Megan and Eleanor. They are staying in Texas for a few months while my son works out of country. It has been so nice to have them around. They stayed with us for 2 -3 weeks, then got an apartment close by. It is such a blessing to get to see them both on a regular basis.

3. October - Well, I can't believe it's October already. The weather has been much cooler than usual here. It actually feels like fall. This month always means fall festivals around here. Our little town's is week after next, and I'm planning on getting out of town. This will be my fourth time to go to the Renaissance Festival outside of Houston. I got tickets, for Shane, Casey and myself, to the wine tasting and show this year. They are finally both 21 and can go with me, yea!! There is so much to do there, and I always have a good time. I'll try to blog some pictures when I get back.

And... yes I will try to blog a little more regularly. :)


P. S. I finally got Danny to commit to a trip for next summer. I'm soooo having blue water withdrawals. I think I have enough points on my credit card to pay for airline tickets if we go to Cancun. But, neither of us really want the "party" scene of Cancun. We may fly in there then go to Isla Mujeres or Holbox. Half the fun of a vacation is the research and anticipation for me. I really need something to look forward to.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Well, if the AP had just done the right thing with the stinkin' grapes!! :)

Technically, Eleanor and I were there for 3 weeks and 1 day. :)

I can't wait to hear where you guys decide to go...I always love to take a tropical vacay vicariously through you!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Megan, I love that you guys get to travel to all these fun places! And what's up with the grapes?!? I know how principals can be. So fun. Hope you are having a great week. We can't wait to have you here in CS!!

GG said...

Yeah, Megan, what is it with "grapes". I think I missed something somewhere! I know you really did enjoy Megan and Eleanor! I'll bet the house was pretty empty when they moved. Glad you are getting back into the diving circuit. We always get great pictures when you get back.

Anonymous said...

You're never appreciated until they need a sub, or a volunteer, THEN they come looking for those "nonteachers" I'm there with you Vicki, I've been a nonteacher most of my career, even had a viceprincipal tell me I wasn't a real teacher!! You go girl!!