Christmas Eve 2008

I'm going to try to catch up on my blogging a little. Last week was very busy and enjoyable, and I think I'll have three separate blogs to tell about it. I've been a little under the weather the last few days. The doctor said yesterday he thinks I've got gastritis, or an infection in the lining of my stomach. He gave me an antibiotic, and I believe I'm a little better today. Why does this happen when you're on vacation.... at least I've had the days to rest and recuperate.

It has been a very nice holiday season so far for Danny and I, although very different. It was the first Christmas we didn't have either of our sons home. Those things happen as kids get married and move all over the globe. We also missed my mom, dad and aunt this year who have moved to different states. However, we were blessed to have Megan and Eleanor with us on Christmas Eve. It was so much fun to watch Eleanor open her packages and play with her toys. After we opened presents we had a dinner of chicken enchilada casserole and salad. Megan brought dessert that was yummy too.


What a joy it was having Megan and Eleanor here with us this Christmas.


Danny really enjoyed watching all the activity.


This was our little Christmas tree. I'm not really into the whole drag everything out and decorate thing anymore.


Miss Eleanor sure did look sweet in her Christmas dress.


When she started with the presents she wasn't sure if she was really suppose to rip the pretty paper.

Her momma told her it was ok and got her started.


Then she really got into it.


I believe she had fun. I know we all did. Now we are looking forward to having our Christmas with Shane and Casey in a couple weeks.
Happy Holidays!! And may God bless you all.

2 comments:

GG said...

What a wonderful blog! Just wish we could have been there.

Megan said...

She had such a great time!! We both did!! :)