Goodreads.com

I got an email the other day from a former teacher at our school. He likes to read too and we often discussed books we were reading. The email invited me to be one of his "friends" on the website http://www.goodreads.com/ . So, I went to the site to check it out because I hadn't heard of it. It is so cool, and I immediately signed up to be his friend and invited several other people to be my friends.

The site is for people who like to read and is very easy to use. You put the books you have read on it with reviews and rate them with stars. It is a lot of fun to see what your friends have read and their comments. You can get a lot of ideas about new books to read.

There are also groups that discuss different topics. I joined two groups; one for Diana Gabaldon, my favorite author, and one for Twilight. I hope some of you (even if you aren't a reader) will join Goodreads and invite me to be your friend. I have over 30 friends now and a lot of books on there to share.

No comments: