Yummy...Dip or Pie??

When I was in College Station not long ago. I went shopping with Casey, Shane and Nancy. I always love when we go to the World Market store. It has a little bit of everything, and I can look in there for hours.

They have samples of coffees, teas, cookies and other things to nibble on. Shane samples all of the goodies several times and scopes out the best ones. He told me I needed to try this dip they had out with some very thin wafer type gingerbread cookie called, Nyaker Gingersnaps. Yummmm.....It was so good!! They also had the recipe there for the customers. I took one and that's what I'm sharing with you here. Of course they suggest using World Market brands, but I just used what I had on hand. One of the spices was a little strong. I'm not sure which one, maybe the cloves. You can add spices to your taste.

Pumpkin Dip
1 can canned pumpkin
1 block creamed cheese, softened; regular, light, or fat free
2 tesp. cinnamon
1/2 tesp. cloves
1/2 tesp. ginger
1/2 tesp. nutmeg
1 cup powdered sugar

Combine pumpkin and cream cheese with mixer until smooth and blended. Mix in all spices. Stir in powdered sugar. Chill

Dip = Pie
I made one recipe to take to school, and I had quite a bit left over. I wasn't sure what to do with it. Danny's not crazy about pumpkin, so I knew he wouldn't eat it. So... I got a package of the little graham cracker crusts and put the dip in them to make little tiny pies. Then I put Cool Whip on them and they were very yummy too.



Here is the little pie shell with just the filling.


Then I put the Cool Whip on top and it was so delicious . So if you want a quick and easy no bake pumpkin pie this recipe is great. Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

GG said...

This looks really delicious! I'll have to try this one as Dad & I both like pumpkin. Thanks!